anorak loves new york

us - canada
Post Reply
Carys
Posts: 1386
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 20:27
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Re: anorak loves new york

Post by Carys » Mon Sep 01, 2008 22:10

I'm staying at the Chelsea Hostel, which is $80 for a double/twin private room. I thought that was fairly reasonable.

User avatar
schlump
Posts: 382
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 15:47
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/
Location: partickles

Re: anorak loves new york

Post by schlump » Tue Sep 16, 2008 17:58

hey new york anorakkers. when are you all doing something? i want to come and high-five; to reminisce, to ask you questions about federal services, southern pronounciation and postal queues.

alongwalkhome

Re: anorak loves new york

Post by alongwalkhome » Tue Sep 16, 2008 18:33

When are you going to be in NYC? I will be there this Sunday.

User avatar
schlump
Posts: 382
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 15:47
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/
Location: partickles

Re: anorak loves new york

Post by schlump » Wed Sep 17, 2008 15:04

gah: i live here now, but i'm away upstate this weekend. what are you upto? you could've stopped me walking around craning my neck, i could've reminded you of manchester.

i propose nyanorak action!, anyway, y'all.

User avatar
Colin
Posts: 1834
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 23:56
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/colinbmx
Location: Glasgow
Contact:

Re: anorak loves new york

Post by Colin » Wed Sep 17, 2008 15:09

schlump wrote:gah: i live here now
Seriously? No-one tells me anything.

alongwalkhome

Re: anorak loves new york

Post by alongwalkhome » Wed Sep 17, 2008 15:38

schlump wrote:gah: i live here now, but i'm away upstate this weekend. what are you upto? you could've stopped me walking around craning my neck, i could've reminded you of manchester.

i propose nyanorak action!, anyway, y'all.
I might as well live there now that all the best bands aside from the Smittens refuse to travel further north/east than NY. (bitter) In essence, I'm there several times a year--even though my beloved cuppie has left. If Yubo and Paba leave, I'm going to have to start campaigning for Boston venues to get with the program.

On Sunday I'm seeing The Feelies--yay! And Yubo--yay!

User avatar
schlump
Posts: 382
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 15:47
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/
Location: partickles

Re: anorak loves new york

Post by schlump » Wed Sep 17, 2008 16:12

alongwalkhome wrote:I might as well live there now that all the best bands aside from the Smittens refuse to travel further north/east than NY. (bitter) In essence, I'm there several times a year--even though my beloved cuppie has left. If Yubo and Paba leave, I'm going to have to start campaigning for Boston venues to get with the program.
ahhhh. where did cuppie go? i think i need a new name if i'm going to roll with the vowel-suffixes of yubo and paba. schlumpo? and is impa still around?

i am reassured by lots-of-visits.

alongwalkhome

Re: anorak loves new york

Post by alongwalkhome » Wed Sep 17, 2008 17:35

schlump wrote:
alongwalkhome wrote:I might as well live there now that all the best bands aside from the Smittens refuse to travel further north/east than NY. (bitter) In essence, I'm there several times a year--even though my beloved cuppie has left. If Yubo and Paba leave, I'm going to have to start campaigning for Boston venues to get with the program.
ahhhh. where did cuppie go? i think i need a new name if i'm going to roll with the vowel-suffixes of yubo and paba. schlumpo? and is impa still around?

i am reassured by lots-of-visits.
Cuppie is off in eastern europe shaping minds. But she is never far away in our hearts and butts.

User avatar
bluespring
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 16:46

Re: anorak loves new york

Post by bluespring » Tue Oct 14, 2008 17:11

CMJ @ Knitting F 10/22!!!

After the Jump showcase featuring Unicycle Loves You, My Teenage Stride, Bad Veins, Heloise & The Savoir Faire, Best Friends Forever, The Depreciation Guild, A Sunny Day in Glasgow, The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart, Ringo Deathstarr, The Lisps, Inlets,

User avatar
bookish
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 05:24

Re: anorak loves new york

Post by bookish » Mon Oct 20, 2008 05:24

bluespring wrote:CMJ @ Knitting F 10/22!!!

After the Jump showcase featuring Unicycle Loves You, My Teenage Stride, Bad Veins, Heloise & The Savoir Faire, Best Friends Forever, The Depreciation Guild, A Sunny Day in Glasgow, The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart, Ringo Deathstarr, The Lisps, Inlets,
i'll be there, even with midterms and 2 essays.

anyway, does anyone have suggestions for good nyc record shops? so far i like other music on 4th st and soundfix and earwax in brooklyn. they're good, but i haven't found anything too special.

User avatar
cuppie
Posts: 877
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 02:12
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/cuppie
Location: Ostrava

Re: anorak loves new york

Post by cuppie » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:06

Maybe you already know it but I quite like Kim's on St. Marks.

User avatar
bookish
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 05:24

Re: anorak loves new york

Post by bookish » Mon Oct 20, 2008 14:37

thanks, i haven't. i'll check it out soon.

User avatar
impabafree
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 16:20
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/
Location: brooklyn

Re: anorak loves new york

Post by impabafree » Thu Dec 18, 2008 05:53

Hello, Anorak! Sorry for the short notice, but I'm DJing an indiepop dance party in Brooklyn tonight (Thursday the 18th) at Public Assembly (70 N. 6th between Wythe & Kent), and it'd be great if you all (within range) could come!

Here are the internet advertisements for it:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=lo ... 8201673293
and
http://www.myspace.com/friendsofsparky

Free with flyer! (Printing one out works.)

x Leah

yubo
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 16:07

Re: anorak loves new york

Post by yubo » Thu Dec 18, 2008 16:56

yay!
looking forward to this!
especially because today is my last day of work for 2008! (hopefully)
Butt.

User avatar
impabafree
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 16:20
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/
Location: brooklyn

Re: anorak loves new york

Post by impabafree » Thu Dec 18, 2008 17:36

i'm queuing up the lucksmiths and casiotone and ballboy for you right now.

yubo
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 16:07

Re: anorak loves new york

Post by yubo » Thu Dec 18, 2008 18:08

Oh, I had another for you, but I forget now...
Oh, Cars Can Be Blue??
Butt.

User avatar
impabafree
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 16:20
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/
Location: brooklyn

Re: anorak loves new york

Post by impabafree » Thu Dec 18, 2008 18:09

anything in particular?

yubo
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 16:07

Re: anorak loves new york

Post by yubo » Thu Dec 18, 2008 18:12

uhmmm.... can't remember what I was dancing around to last night in my apartment. I'll email it to you if I remember soon. Right now I am just sat here stupidly waiting for my boss. I told him I was doing nothing but waiting and he just snickered. I might as well go through my iTunes...
Butt.

User avatar
impabafree
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 16:20
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/
Location: brooklyn

Re: anorak loves new york

Post by impabafree » Thu Dec 18, 2008 20:26

also: laura's making cupcakes! (thus guaranteeing that your cake thing will get back to you tonight.)

Carys
Posts: 1386
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 20:27
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Re: anorak loves new york

Post by Carys » Mon Dec 29, 2008 23:50

I want to move to New York. I've been looking at it all, and I'm so utterly tempted, especially as plans to get a mortgage here in London are not working out. I wonder if it's hard to get a visa as a key worker...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests