Lambchop

everything else

Moderator: Paquito

indiansummer
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/heartsturnblue

Lambchop

Post by indiansummer » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:31

i've been listening toNixon all weekend - forgot how good it was!
halo my middle, a hula hoop hug

cath

Re: Lambchop

Post by cath » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:39

I was kinda 'dragged along' to see this bunch in Glasgow last night. I didn't really know any of their songs, and wasn't keen on the pure quiet stuff. However, I was very impressed with the poppier songs, especially International Talk Like A Pirate Day, and was quite flabbergasted by the encore - a cover of the Don Williams classic I Believe In You. Yee and indeed har!

everard

Post by everard » Wed Nov 03, 2010 15:59

just noticed that nixon & is a woman are getting the deluxe reissue treatment this month because of city slang's 20th anniversary -- nixon has a bonus dvd of their royal festival hall show on that tour, when they had a string section. as i recall it was a great show but less exciting than the queen elizabeth hall one a few months earlier (they put most of the qeh show on one of their gig-only cd releases).

think it was the rfh where there was all this stuff beforehand about 'very exciting handpicked special guests' & it turned out to be morcheeba. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

best time i saw them was probably the first time, at the electric ballroom in '98 with vic chesnutt + calexico (+ a joint set with v.c. where they did stuff from the salesman & bernadette album). had been into all the bands for a few years & it felt like i'd never see any of them play, then suddenly there was this dream of a bill.

have been less passionate about lambchop from is a woman onwards (though their live at xx merge album from last year was ace) but the earlier stuff (especially how i quit smoking) is still awesome. wish the first two albums could be deluxified.

indiansummer
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/heartsturnblue

Post by indiansummer » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:06

anyone going/been to see them on their current tour? i'm off to see em tonight

missing Deerhoof in manchester, which sucks, but i guess i've wanted to see Lambchop for longer, and in any case i can't be arsed with faff of going to manchester
halo my middle, a hula hoop hug