Allo, Darlin'

popbands, poplabels, poprecords

Moderator: shaved head thrills

sweepingthenation
Posts: 2050
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 17:31
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/sweepingnation
Contact:

Re: Allo, Darlin'

Post by sweepingthenation » Thu May 16, 2013 22:30

ITV Player is the worst thing in the world, but there it is at just after 2:32: https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/uefa-euro ... -v-chelsea

User avatar
RITH
Posts: 3355
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 08:35
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/RITH
Location: Almere
Contact:

Re: Allo, Darlin'

Post by RITH » Sat May 18, 2013 10:55


User avatar
stolenwine
Posts: 2071
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 19:27
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/stolenwine/
Location: giddy london
Contact:

Re: Allo, Darlin'

Post by stolenwine » Sat May 18, 2013 23:20

saw that earlier and my heart stopped. so beautiful and just...well, perfect. really looking forward to hearing the new songs.
tell me how good it is / to wake from a bad dream / and have someone there and I will tell you / how butterfly wings stay dry in the rain
--
stolen wine social


User avatar
lynsosaurus
Posts: 3469
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 18:13
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/
Location: Auld Reekie
Contact:

Re: Allo, Darlin'

Post by lynsosaurus » Sun May 19, 2013 11:27

God, that's lovely.

a layer of chips
Posts: 18616
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 09:17
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/
Location: Nottingham, UK
Contact:

Re: Allo, Darlin'

Post by a layer of chips » Sun May 19, 2013 12:08

That's beautiful, that.

User avatar
boney
Posts: 1767
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 08:18
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/boneyboy
Location: Brighton, UK
Contact:

Re: Allo, Darlin'

Post by boney » Sun May 19, 2013 15:33

<3

User avatar
mizuhara
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 14:42
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/mizuhara
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Allo, Darlin'

Post by mizuhara » Sat Jun 01, 2013 17:41

<3 (2)
http://www.inthecrystallake.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
shining somewhere far away from here!

User avatar
heliolithic
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 00:55
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Mueslini
Location: London

Re: Allo, Darlin'

Post by heliolithic » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:40

There are some other new songs on YouTube, from the Buffalo Bar gig. Romance and Adventure is especially great (I assume for Josie Long's film of the same name).


User avatar
dano
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 16:14

Re: Allo, Darlin'

Post by dano » Mon Jun 03, 2013 22:56

i can't seem to find elizabeth's rooftop videos , are they still around ??

User avatar
mkgleeds
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 00:19
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/mkgleeds
Location: North London

Re: Allo, Darlin'

Post by mkgleeds » Thu Jun 13, 2013 00:16

First of the Compass gigs was very good - about 50-50 split between old and new songs.

It was very hot in Ginglik

User avatar
Jay
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 18:25

Re: Allo, Darlin'

Post by Jay » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:13

If I've deciphered the Tweets correctly, and I may not have done, I have a tendency to be a bit stupid, but it appears we're about to lose Elizabeth Morris. When I say we, I mean this country. I guess her visa is running out and she's "bought a one-way ticket to Italy".

I don't know Elizabeth, although I'm sure quite a few people on here do. I've spoken to her in an embarrassed kind of way when I've bought records from the merch stand after Allo Darlin gigs, but to me she's really a pop star. She's the singer, ukulele player and songwriter for my favourite band in the world. I don't know if you're supposed to get upset about the lives of pop stars, but right now I feel tremendously sad. I have no idea how she must feel or her friends/band mates.

I hope when I go out this weekend I don't get embroiled in another argument about 'foreigners coming over here and nicking our jobs' because, even though I've never hit anyone in my life, the way I feel right now I may smack someone in the face.

Barto
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 15:38
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Bartolone
Location: Milano, Italy
Contact:

Re: Allo, Darlin'

Post by Barto » Wed Jul 31, 2013 13:09

So, are you afraid that her moving to Italy will affect Allo Darlin' career? Because I don't think so. Of course there will be less gigs than before, but the making of the new record will not stop, and then, instead of spot Uk dates as it was for the last record, there will be a proper tour and then some months off. Well maybe I want to be optimistic because she's coming to my country, so I can hope at least for one or more solo gigs here (in fact, there was already some talking on twitter too). Otherwise, we should be pessimistic for Making Marks too, cause she tweeted "AD and MM are moving to Florence for the romance", but really, I think it will be only a matter of putting the dates all together and plan a routing and stuff like this, I don't think these two bands are in danger because their leaders are moving to another country.

By the way, I spotted Elizabeth at Indietracks and wanted to go and say hi and talk about her moving to my country, but she was having a good time with some friends and didn't dare to bother her.

User avatar
Jay
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 18:25

Re: Allo, Darlin'

Post by Jay » Wed Jul 31, 2013 13:34

I have no problem with Elizabeth moving to Italy if that's what she wants to do. If I'd read that she was excited about a new move to a different country as she voluntarily starts a new stage in her life I'd be delighted for her. I've been to Italy many times, it's a beautiful place. I'm sure she'll have a wonderful time there. Moving to Italy is not what has made me sad. What I'm upset about is that she is being forced out of my country.

As Elizabeth herself said:
"I wish that all people of the world could work in any country they wanted, and weren't prevented from doing that by where they were born"

Barto
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 15:38
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Bartolone
Location: Milano, Italy
Contact:

Re: Allo, Darlin'

Post by Barto » Wed Jul 31, 2013 14:01

Jay wrote: What I'm upset about is that she is being forced out of my country.
Ok, I got your point now, and I understand you. By the way, in Italy there is the opposite problem, it's hard to send away from here people coming from abroad, even who committed crimes or stuff like that.

EDIT I had not read her tweets today, the talk about her moving to Italy was about one month and a half ago.

User avatar
tonieee
Posts: 4497
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 08:40
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tonieee
Location: Sheffield Sex City
Contact:

Re: Allo, Darlin'

Post by tonieee » Wed Jul 31, 2013 14:47

Barto wrote:By the way, in Italy there is the opposite problem, it's hard to send away from here people coming from abroad, even who committed crimes or stuff like that.
The media here would have you believe the same is true here.

User avatar
RITH
Posts: 3355
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 08:35
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/RITH
Location: Almere
Contact:

Re: Allo, Darlin'

Post by RITH » Wed Jul 31, 2013 15:01

Why would you want to send away people who commit crimes? How does that solve anything? Especially in a country (one of many) in which some of the political leaders seem to be the biggest criminals of all? Anyway, that discussion is not for this thread.

When I spotted both Elizabeth and Bill, I suspected/hoped the ??? ??? slot in the merch tent would be 'Allo Darling. I forgot about it until it was over anyway, so in the end it didn't matter who was or wasn't playing. It was Vacaciones in the end, wasn't it?

User avatar
graysonscolumn
Posts: 1202
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:31
Location: Sheffield, where I'm happy and it's nice.
Contact:

Re: Allo, Darlin'

Post by graysonscolumn » Wed Jul 31, 2013 15:18

It was indeed Vacaciones. In a similar sort of vein, though, having seen Bill and Nik both doing the rounds on Sunday afternoon I was getting my hopes up that the mystery slot might have been filled by a Moustache Of Insanity reunion.

It was, after all, back in 2008 or 2009 that I first heard MoI performing "Cheese and Freckles" in the tent (as part of an impromptu get-up-and-do-something after the day's headliners had all finished, rather than as a timetabled event during the day). It was also the first time I'd ever seen and heard Just Joans doing "If You Don't Pull". Anyone else remember that evening?

gc
Fifty Shades Of Grayson: http://thatmusiclist.blogspot.com

Barto
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 15:38
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Bartolone
Location: Milano, Italy
Contact:

Re: Allo, Darlin'

Post by Barto » Wed Jul 31, 2013 15:27

RITH wrote:Why would you want to send away people who commit crimes? How does that solve anything? Especially in a country (one of many) in which some of the political leaders seem to be the biggest criminals of all? Anyway, that discussion is not for this thread.
I don't want to send away every person coming from abroad who committed crimes, what I meant is that there are some situations where people are hit by an official judgement they have to go away because of something bad they did but in the end they are still here. Anyway yes, this discussion is not for this thread, just wanted to explain my point of view, I'm not against people coming from abroad at all.

User avatar
tonieee
Posts: 4497
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 08:40
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tonieee
Location: Sheffield Sex City
Contact:

Re: Allo, Darlin'

Post by tonieee » Wed Jul 31, 2013 16:07

RITH wrote:Why would you want to send away people who commit crimes? How does that solve anything? Especially in a country (one of many) in which some of the political leaders seem to be the biggest criminals of all? Anyway, that discussion is not for this thread.
In Britain it is "terrorists" (= radical Muslims) who are demonised by the right wing press so the government wants to deport them to curry favour with the newspapers but are prevented by the EU court of human rights because they would be tortured in their home country. If they have committed crimes the government should try them here but they seem unwilling to do that. I don't follow it close enough to know what their crimes are supposed to be but it seems all wrong to me. Sorry for carrying on the discussion in the wrong thread - maybe we should move elsewhere. Also to my knowledge Elizabeth is not a terrorist or has ever been accused of being one.
RITH wrote:When I spotted both Elizabeth and Bill, I suspected/hoped the ??? ??? slot in the merch tent would be 'Allo Darling.
Me too!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests