Who's camping?

29-31 July 2016: "a collective adventure in generalized joy and freely interdependent exuberance"
Murray

Who's camping?

Post by Murray » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:25 pm

Rather disappointingly, it seems that everyone I speak to (mainly posho Londons) has got bricks and mortar accommodation booked for Indietracks, so they can slum it in the jacuzzi or whatever.
Who else on here has booked camping and will be experiencing the joy of life under canvas?

carney
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/drcarney

Re: Who's camping?

Post by carney » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:44 pm

There's a jacuzzi at the campsite, something I bet the Premier Inn doesn't have.

Uncle Ants

Post by Uncle Ants » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:03 pm

Camping is an important part of the fun I reckon. And on top of that the campsite manager throws in a practical crash course in customer care (and how not to do it). We're so used to it now I even consider THAT part of the fun. Besides no Premier Inn has the archaeological remain of an American Theme park in it's grounds. That Premier Inn lot don't know what they're missing :)
In Recordeo Speramus

Trev
Last.fm: lostmusic

Post by Trev » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:55 pm

Uncle Ants wrote: That Premier Inn lot don't know what they're missing :)
I do, having camped the last 3 years. This year I am taking a decent breakfast, comfy bed and no queues for the toilets/showers of a morning. Thanks.
not really here

roundbitsofplastic

Post by roundbitsofplastic » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:12 pm

I'm camping. That is, I'm camping if I can find the receipty thing they sent me for the deposit. I'm sure I could easily prove that I am ME without having said receipt, but I don;t wantto give the camp site any excuse to hate me above anyone else :-/
I am struck speechless by the nape of your neck.

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip

SophieC
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/jamiec

Post by SophieC » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:14 pm

i'm camping because i hang out with young people who think this is a good idea. i'm thinking of ways around sleeping for 2 hours before being roasted to death at 6am every morning by deadly sun rays. possibly a 96 hour amphetamine binge maybe my friend.
When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called 'the People's Stick.'

linus

Post by linus » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:07 pm

Uncle Ants wrote:Camping is an important part of the
forced
Uncle Ants wrote: fun I reckon.

tonieee
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tonieee

Post by tonieee » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:54 pm

We're camping and we have a new (sensibly sized) tent so I'm quite excited about it. Especially as we are not going on a camping holiday this year. I really like camping but I don't know why...

Uncle Ants

Post by Uncle Ants » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:18 pm

fogofideas wrote:
Uncle Ants wrote:Camping is an important part of the
forced
Uncle Ants wrote: fun I reckon.
well I guess the joys of camping just divides opinion :). I don't think I've ever had to force myself to have fun at Indietracks. Like tonieee, we're missing our usual camping trip this year. I love camping.
In Recordeo Speramus

Trev

Post by Trev » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:22 pm

to be fair I usually love camping.

I just hate the shitty attitude of the fuckers that run that campsite.
not really here

Uncle Ants

Post by Uncle Ants » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:36 pm

Trev wrote:to be fair I usually love camping.

I just hate the shitty attitude of the fuckers that run that campsite.
yeah, they're wankers ... But after three years of it, it's no longer very surprising ... Although every year I hear some tale from someone or see something that makes me roll my eyes in disbelief. Like last year's "no we aren't doing any toast this year, it was too popular last year". It just gets funny after a while.
Last edited by Uncle Ants on Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Recordeo Speramus

linus

Post by linus » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:37 pm

Uncle Ants wrote:well I guess the joys of camping just divides opinion :). I don't think I've ever had to force myself to have fun at Indietracks. Like tonieee, we're missing our usual camping trip this year. I love camping.
no, I don't mind camping usually either but- I don't know- I like me' bed (or indeed any bed), you can tell that from how I'm built

I just used the 'forced fun' thing as a sort of thing, I don't know

I've just realised what's going on in nottingham tonight and now I'm forlorn and also crestfallen

Trev

Post by Trev » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:53 pm

Uncle Ants wrote: Like last year's "no we aren't doing any toast this year, it was too popular last year". It just gets funny after a while.
I know what you mean, the toast fiasco last year - meant there were very little veggie options for breakfast - so we sloped off early to the festival site to find the cafe at the top was doing a feast of a veggie breakfast. This year it's the Premier Inn fry up for me. Or The Sainsburys one.
not really here

Dan Pop-o-matic
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/DanPopomatic

Post by Dan Pop-o-matic » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:19 pm

I'm camping again!

Actually, when I booked my camping, it was just me in the tent. Now there will be two of us, and I don't know if should tell them. I know it won't cost any more money, I just don't want them going mental at us for no fucking reason if I can help it...

Uncle Ants

Post by Uncle Ants » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:11 am

I have to say though if there weren't a two day smorgasbord of the world's finest indiepop happening next door, I wouldn't camp at Golden Showers if you paid me ... Well maybe if you paid me a lot I might*.

Andy, the gig tonight was great, if a bit ill attended.

* Edit, although tonieee has told me that outside of indietracks weekend, they are nice as pie, as he and Jo have camped there before to take Ralph for the Trains. Maybe they just don't like indiepop fans?
In Recordeo Speramus

roundbitsofplastic

Post by roundbitsofplastic » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:10 pm

Okay. I am genuinely worrying now. I can't find my booking confirmation. I would phone up and ask 'em to send another or something, but I'm quite scared ofphones anyway, so phoning Golden Valley re: lost booking confirmation for pop scum is definitely out of my comfort zone.

Where ARE you, stupid form?

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip

Uncle Ants

Post by Uncle Ants » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:15 pm

roundbitsofplastic wrote:Okay. I am genuinely worrying now. I can't find my booking confirmation. I would phone up and ask 'em to send another or something, but I'm quite scared ofphones anyway, so phoning Golden Valley re: lost booking confirmation for pop scum is definitely out of my comfort zone.
Just do it Ray, It's good therapy.
In Recordeo Speramus

roundbitsofplastic

Post by roundbitsofplastic » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:23 pm

Uncle Ants wrote: Just do it Ray, It's good therapy.
I'm gonna spend another day or two turning the house upside down before I do that. It's got to be around here somewhere. I hope.

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip

Uncle Ants

Post by Uncle Ants » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:44 pm

They were fine about it when I had to change our booking. They won't bite, though they might be grumpy.
Last edited by Uncle Ants on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Recordeo Speramus

roundbitsofplastic

Post by roundbitsofplastic » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:48 pm

It's too hot to keep searching so I tried phoning and got no answer. Twice. They know it's me, don;t they?

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip