Any Bands/Labels/Zines Looking for a Free Website?

art, photography, graphic design, architecture, theatre, comedy
savethesavior

Any Bands/Labels/Zines Looking for a Free Website?

Post by savethesavior » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:55 am

I don't post here much, just lurking mostly, but I figure it's time I started doing something worthwhile with my time here. I'm looking to do some new portfolio work, and help out fledgling bands/labels/zines and would like to offer some free design and hosting to the indiepop community at large.

Here's the details:

What You Get:
- A free website, custom design. You'll be the owner of all designs and related copyrights when it's finished.
- Free hosting (if you start to generate alot of traffic down the road I may ask you to set up a new hosting account with another hosting provider. I'll move it over for you and take care of all that business. I run my own dedicated server at a stable data center, and it might get hairy if I start to take a big bandwidth hit)
- All the bells and whistles: Blog, pictures, music, video. (Built on WordPress, probably) I'll entertain any other ideas you have and let you know what I can and can't do.
- A say in what the final design looks like. I'll send you mockups and whatnot and you can tell me what you think and if you have any ideas.
- 1-2 email addresses.
- Development time in 4-7 weeks. A static page with a contact link while it's being built.

What I get:
- A fun project to work on in my free time.
- A free copy of one of your records. (if you want. you don't have to)
- A free t-shirt. In medium. (again, you totally don't have to)
- Assurance from you that you'll look at any mockups and progress I've made in a timely manner, and generally be responsive to my emails and phone calls. I won't hound you, but I appreciate good feedback.

So you're not going into anything blind, here's a link to my portfolio so you can see some work I've done: http://www.paulbredenberg.com
This would be new portfolio work, so the new design will be awesome and in step with current web design trends. Go to cssmania.com and you'll see the sort of stuff I'm talking about.

If you're interested, send me a message!

-Paul