I'm writing a comic but I cannot draw.

art, photography, graphic design, architecture, theatre, comedy
alongwaltz
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/alongwaltz/

I'm writing a comic but I cannot draw.

Post by alongwaltz » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:50 am

I've tried in the past and got books from the library and resigned myself to the fact that my talent lies in forming words, not pictures.

Anyway, my main project right now is something that I've had living in my head for seven years. It's grown and changed but it's the one project that won't go away. Whenever I go somewhere new or meet someone new, it rears its head again.

Since quitting my job a few weeks ago, I finally forced myself to sit down and write proper scripts, for the first time ever. I banged my head and yelled and screamed and pulled my hair out (I'm a touch self-critical) but I finally finished the script for the first issue. And it was a door opening. I finished the script for #1 last week and I've written the full scripts for #2-4 since then.

But it's still not the same without an artist.

The Remnants is about "A group of twentysomethings working and living, dealing with the frustrations of life, and trying to find their place in the world. And they happen to have superpowers."

I want it to be the middle ground between X-Men and Adrian Tomine, a mix of Fantastic Four and Scott Pilgrim. The focus isn't on fighting criminals and saving the world. It's about what would happen if you or I were to actually develop superpowers. The ongoing question throughout the beginning of the series is what makes ordinary people don costumes, come up with codenames, and go out and fight people in the middle of the street?

If you can draw at all or know anyone who can or are just interested in reading the scripts I've written so far, let me know. I'm always in need of feedback and criticism. You don't have to be able to draw like Jack Kirby or Todd McFarlane. I would love to give a new look to superhero comics, to further the stress the uniqueness, and give it more of a Daniel Clowes or Gilbert Hernandez look. Or a fresh, new look individual to the artist themselves.

Wow, I ramble when I'm not careful.

caramarydaisy
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Re: I'm writing a comic but I cannot draw.

Post by caramarydaisy » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:38 am

sounds a bit like heroes..

hope you find someone soon and can get this out, id love to see it when its done
i said OK! the wind said no

Contravene
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Re: I'm writing a comic but I cannot draw.

Post by Contravene » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:06 pm

Sounds fun, can I have a go.

It might take me a while, but I'm getting me well leet comic skillz