Sheffield

scotland - england - ireland - wales
Dan Pop-o-matic
Posts: 2013
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:40 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/DanPopomatic
Location: Sheffields

Re: Sheffield

Post by Dan Pop-o-matic » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:28 am

If the beer is as good as the Rutty then it'll do for me. Nowt wrong with all the Thornbridge stuff over the road, but more variety is good right?

Plus there's the potential for for fully acoustic popshows on Commonside. Win!

User avatar
humblebee
Posts: 10529
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:33 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/atomicbeatboy
Location: Sheffields
Contact:

Re: Sheffield

Post by humblebee » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:29 am

That is interesting.

The Closed Shop was a bit awful last time I was in, which was a shame cos there's definitely a good pub in there somewhere.

User avatar
tonieee
Posts: 4477
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:40 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tonieee
Location: Sheffield Sex City
Contact:

Re: Sheffield

Post by tonieee » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:35 am

Is anybody going to Standard Fare tonight? Is anyone going for a drink before? I'm going to be over that side of town fixing my brother-in-law's computer so it won't be worth heading back to Walkley just to go back half an hour later.

User avatar
humblebee
Posts: 10529
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:33 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/atomicbeatboy
Location: Sheffields
Contact:

Re: Sheffield

Post by humblebee » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:47 am

tonieee wrote:Is anybody going to Standard Fare tonight? Is anyone going for a drink before? I'm going to be over that side of town fixing my brother-in-law's computer so it won't be worth heading back to Walkley just to go back half an hour later.
I'm planning on going. I'm off home from work first though. Wouldn't mind a drink in the Tap before the gig, but I dunno if there'll be time. When are you thinking?

User avatar
tonieee
Posts: 4477
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:40 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tonieee
Location: Sheffield Sex City
Contact:

Re: Sheffield

Post by tonieee » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:05 am

humblebee wrote:When are you thinking?
I don't know - it depends how long it takes for me to do the computerry stuff. I don't even really know what he wants doing - it sounds like he wants to send an email to France which would take five minutes but he already knows how to do that so it must be someting more complicated. I may not even have time to go for a drink if it takes a long time. Do you know what time the first band's on? The website says doors 7.30 but that seems very early.

User avatar
humblebee
Posts: 10529
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:33 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/atomicbeatboy
Location: Sheffields
Contact:

Re: Sheffield

Post by humblebee » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:44 am

tonieee wrote:
humblebee wrote:When are you thinking?
I don't know - it depends how long it takes for me to do the computerry stuff. I don't even really know what he wants doing - it sounds like he wants to send an email to France which would take five minutes but he already knows how to do that so it must be someting more complicated. I may not even have time to go for a drink if it takes a long time. Do you know what time the first band's on? The website says doors 7.30 but that seems very early.
There's no way the first band will be on at half 7! I've just tweeted the Fare to ask, and they're on about 10. Who are the other bands - do we know?

User avatar
tonieee
Posts: 4477
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:40 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tonieee
Location: Sheffield Sex City
Contact:

Re: Sheffield

Post by tonieee » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:52 am

humblebee wrote:There's no way the first band will be on at half 7! I've just tweeted the Fare to ask, and they're on about 10. Who are the other bands - do we know?
Just Nat Johnson I think so I guess would be a 9pm start if that's the case. That should be plenty of time for a pint or two. And I've just realised the Tap would be good cos we can meet Markie who's train back from work gets in at 8!

User avatar
tompony
Posts: 2210
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:37 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/lardpony
Location: matlock
Contact:

Re: Sheffield

Post by tompony » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:04 am

Runaround Kids are playing too, I think.

I'm going!

User avatar
indiehorse
Posts: 1939
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:50 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: Sheffield

Post by indiehorse » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:23 pm

I'm popping up to Sheffield for the gig. Huzzah.

Facebook says of stage times:
"Approximately Nat: 8.15, Runaround Kids: 9, SF:10"

User avatar
tonieee
Posts: 4477
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:40 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tonieee
Location: Sheffield Sex City
Contact:

Re: Sheffield

Post by tonieee » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:41 pm

Ah so maybe not much time for a pre drink. Unless I'm really quick at my computerry wizardry. I hope they have some good beer on tonight then. And enough of it!

But hooray for non-Sheffield Anoraks in Sheffield!

User avatar
humblebee
Posts: 10529
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:33 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/atomicbeatboy
Location: Sheffields
Contact:

Re: Sheffield

Post by humblebee » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:55 pm

They had one of yer Brewdog things in bottles last time I was there. Which was OK.

User avatar
tonieee
Posts: 4477
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:40 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tonieee
Location: Sheffield Sex City
Contact:

Re: Sheffield

Post by tonieee » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:49 pm

humblebee wrote:They had one of yer Brewdog things in bottles last time I was there. Which was OK.
I was there. I remember it not being particularly nice but mainly that it was a half size bottle for about three pounds or something. They had bottles had Spitfire on later for the same price which was much better.

moopind
Posts: 1351
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:59 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Finkublubou
Location: Sheffield

Re: Sheffield

Post by moopind » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:23 pm

I'll aim for Tap at 7:45 or 8 ish.
Daniel & Norbert now on Twitter - @Dentressangular

Bandcamp also? Click me.

User avatar
tonieee
Posts: 4477
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:40 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tonieee
Location: Sheffield Sex City
Contact:

Re: Sheffield

Post by tonieee » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:53 pm

moopind wrote:I'll aim for Tap at 7:45 or 8 ish.
That'll be too late to have a pint and then get there in time to see Nat though won't it?

User avatar
tonieee
Posts: 4477
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:40 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tonieee
Location: Sheffield Sex City
Contact:

Re: Sheffield

Post by tonieee » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:09 pm

I think I'm just going straight there as I'm not going to be done till at least half seven and I don't want to miss Nat. I'll see you all in bit!

User avatar
caramarydaisy
Posts: 2483
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:51 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/
Location: sheffield

Re: Sheffield

Post by caramarydaisy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:48 pm

hey all - not strictly music, but kind of music - ladiyfest have just announced a show with mae martin which i thought might interest some of you.. should be a good evening!

april 11th at harrisons bar, fb event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/337480246352038/

owt else good coming up to go to soon?? im excited about mt eerie but thats not for ages!
i said OK! the wind said no

User avatar
tonieee
Posts: 4477
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:40 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tonieee
Location: Sheffield Sex City
Contact:

Re: Sheffield

Post by tonieee » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:53 pm

caramarydaisy wrote:hey all - not strictly music, but kind of music - ladiyfest have just announced a show with mae martin which i thought might interest some of you.. should be a good evening!

april 11th at harrisons bar, fb event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/337480246352038/

owt else good coming up to go to soon?? im excited about mt eerie but thats not for ages!
There's this: http://www.anorakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6550.

User avatar
humblebee
Posts: 10529
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:33 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/atomicbeatboy
Location: Sheffields
Contact:

Re: Sheffield

Post by humblebee » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:35 am

Also I'm putting on a Proper Acoustic popshow at the Rutland on Saturday 16 March, headlined by the entirely charming Mr David Leach.

Silver Girl
Posts: 902
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:36 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/
Location: Sh-Sh-Sheffield

Re: Sheffield

Post by Silver Girl » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:52 pm

Hello where is everyone? Didn't catch anyone at Veronica Falls? News of the day is that I'm up in Walkley full time now. Hurrah.
"I don't know who you're talking about..."

User avatar
humblebee
Posts: 10529
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:33 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/atomicbeatboy
Location: Sheffields
Contact:

Re: Sheffield

Post by humblebee » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:12 pm

Silver Girl wrote:Hello where is everyone? Didn't catch anyone at Veronica Falls? News of the day is that I'm up in Walkley full time now. Hurrah.
Yay! When's the party? Sorry, I keep asking that.

I didn't go to Veronica Falls because I was poorly.

Everyone keeping the evening of 16 March free? Good!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests