Indietracks 2014 Photos and Memories

29-31 July 2016: "a collective adventure in generalized joy and freely interdependent exuberance"
humblebee
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/atomicbeatboy

Re: Indietracks 2014 Photos and Memories

Post by humblebee » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:53

How stunning were the Wendy Darlings? I wasn't surprised because they were also stunning at the Oddbox weekender in May - but there's something very wonderful about the way they've developed from this neat pop group into a thrilling rock and roll band that plays neat pop songs. Yes!

Rocker
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Rockerq

Post by Rocker » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:39

Missed half of The Wendy Darlings set while being interviewed behind the church - they were ace in Nottingham on Thursday too - they do seem to get better and better!

Also at roughly the same time heard some of Trust Fund through the church wall - they are part of a whole explosion of new Bristol talent, which is great to see!
Cheers!

Rocker

Listen to my show at http://www.dandelionradio.com - the internet radio station inspired by John Peel.

roundbitsofplastic

Post by roundbitsofplastic » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:43

I left my tote bag at the campsite. It's got a book in it, some vinyl, a couple of CDs and maybe other things. I'm not heading that way any time soon, and postage is prohibitively expensive.

So I vote we do Indietracks again this weekend so I can combine getting my bag back with something AWESOME.
I am struck speechless by the nape of your neck.

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip

moopind
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Finkublubou

Post by moopind » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:06

roundbitsofplastic wrote:I left my tote bag at the campsite. It's got a book in it, some vinyl, a couple of CDs and maybe other things. I'm not heading that way any time soon, and postage is prohibitively expensive.

So I vote we do Indietracks again this weekend so I can combine getting my bag back with something AWESOME.
I can pick it up for you if they've got it and you give them my details. I'm down that way later today. I'll see you in 2 weeks at your parents' too.
Daniel & Norbert now on Twitter - @Dentressangular

Bandcamp also? Click me.

johnkell
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/johnkell

Post by johnkell » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:06

tompony wrote:The lost child incident was such a wonderful moment, Gruff handled it marvelously: "another successful mission!" I hope Jude didn't get told off too harshly.
I don't think there was much telling-off - I saw the reunion and his father basically just clasped him and sobbed with relief. They were obviously frantic with worry. If anything I imagine Jude was miffed at losing his prime spot down the front...

roundbitsofplastic

Post by roundbitsofplastic » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:23

moopind wrote:
I can pick it up for you if they've got it and you give them my details. I'm down that way later today. I'll see you in 2 weeks at your parents' too.
That's a fanTABULOUS idea! And I just realised that I know some people staying in a cottage there this week, so I could ask them (Kev is coming to Hibbettfest too). If you don't mind though, I would be very grateful to take you up on your offer.

Do you know what day you'll be popping in? Just so I can let the campsite know, that'd be rad.

Thanks, Dan xx

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip

lloydybwoy

Post by lloydybwoy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:59

humblebee wrote:How stunning were the Wendy Darlings? I wasn't surprised because they were also stunning at the Oddbox weekender in May - but there's something very wonderful about the way they've developed from this neat pop group into a thrilling rock and roll band that plays neat pop songs. Yes!

I think that sums it up perfectly - it was a 40-minute rock and roll funassault! Syl looked like he was going to explode with excitement at points, and Suzy OWNED that stage. Seriously good.

moopind

Post by moopind » Wed Jul 30, 2014 13:44

roundbitsofplastic wrote:
moopind wrote:
That's a fanTABULOUS idea! And I just realised that I know some people staying in a cottage there this week, so I could ask them (Kev is coming to Hibbettfest too). If you don't mind though, I would be very grateful to take you up on your offer.

Do you know what day you'll be popping in? Just so I can let the campsite know, that'd be rad.

Thanks, Dan xx
Today. Later on. Around 5. My reason for going there today is I'll be on the way to go and stay in the same place as Kev! What's in the bag, or what design is it? Then they'll know I'm not just an opportunist tote bag thief.

Bandcamp also? Click me.

roundbitsofplastic

Post by roundbitsofplastic » Wed Jul 30, 2014 13:48

moopind wrote:Today. Later on. Around 5. My reason for going there today is I'll be on the way to go and stay in the same place as Kev! What's in the bag, or what design is it? Then they'll know I'm not just an opportunist tote bag thief.
It's a bright orange Vegan Society bag with ink stains all over it. There's some records, CDs and a book in there.

I'll give 'em a call so they'll be expecting you.

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip

moopind

Post by moopind » Wed Jul 30, 2014 13:54

roundbitsofplastic wrote:
moopind wrote:Today. Later on. Around 5. My reason for going there today is I'll be on the way to go and stay in the same place as Kev! What's in the bag, or what design is it? Then they'll know I'm not just an opportunist tote bag thief.
It's a bright orange Vegan Society bag with ink stains all over it. There's some records, CDs and a book in there.

I'll give 'em a call so they'll be expecting you.
This sounds like it'll work a treat.

Bandcamp also? Click me.

roundbitsofplastic

Post by roundbitsofplastic » Wed Jul 30, 2014 14:12

Done.

Sorry for derailing the thread, y'all.

I have no photos of the weekend cos I don't have a camera thingy.

I just checked my phone and it turns out I took one photo with it before the battery died.
Attachments
roast.jpg

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip

caramarydaisy
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Post by caramarydaisy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 15:02

just wanted to say a big thanks to folks who crammed into the church on that really really hot saturday afternoon to watch elopes, we had such a brilliant time playing :)

on a personal note, that was my first indietracks in six years and it may take me that long again to recover. i loved big joanie, mega emotion, the wendy darlings, onsind, emma kupa and martha in the merch stage. basically just hanging out with tons of my favourite people and meeting some lovely new faces too. thanks all!
i said OK! the wind said no

johnkell
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/johnkell

Post by johnkell » Wed Jul 30, 2014 18:11

Cloudy Cat wrote:Oh and who won the pop quiz? We scored 70 pts, thanks to my wife knowing the name of every member of S Club 7.
That was us ("East Anglia Effluent Services - not my choice of name, and I'd have pushed for something better if I'd thought we were in with a shout of winning!) - we got 78 points, 7 of them for the S Club members too (not thanks to me!). The prize was a nice assortment of CDs, vinyl and other goodies, so thank you to everyone who contributed, not least Kriss of the Thyme Machine for the unique song! I will probably play that on a future Indiepop Pit Stop.

Blog post here with links to photos, videos, an 8tracks mix, a few photosphere / panorama things and a storify thing.

There's comments on the photos and stuff, but I particularly wanted to say (1) mega well-done on such a good line-up, especially the quality and variety of the headliners, (2) how nice it was to have Hibbett and the Vlads back, and (3) Just Joans on the main stage next time they play please!

Oh, and I quite liked seeing the 141 out and about, given most of the rest of them are in Iran!

RITH
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/RITH

Post by RITH » Wed Jul 30, 2014 21:43

How great were those Just Joans covers of Dolly Mixture's 'Will he kiss me tonight' (one of my favourites) and Pulp's 'Do you remember the first time'? Can't find an IT video of the Dolly Mixture cover yet, but this'll do for memory's sake.

(not my own videos)

stolenwine
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/stolenwine/

Post by stolenwine » Wed Jul 30, 2014 22:45

the weekend was SO GOOD (again!) i have so many highlights but i would have even more if i hadn't got so drunk on saturday and missed most of sunday :\

highlights (in no particular order, though kinda chronological i guess):

-friday night dancing in the shed! especially shrag and help stamp out loneliness. i loved how everyone just went mental for HSOL. discos in general, especially the campsite ones. sunday at the campsite was INSANE. so was saturday but i wasn't in the greatest shape afterwards. i also lost my favourite white patterned tights which i am actually really sad about! if anyone found them, i will be so happy to get them back!

-allo darlin' looking so cool and awesome and having so many ace surprise guest stars!

-marc and graeme elston on the train! the sibling dynamic/anecdotes were really sweet <3

-djing in the shed on saturday! thanks to everyone who came! we had so much fun!

-getting to sit in a tent for the first time in my life! tents are so cosy! i dunno if i'll ever camp at indietracks but i might go camping somewhere else for the cosy factor

-dorotea! also seeing the singer from dorotea on the super late train i got on sunday and having a little chat. he's so lovely!

-HIDDEN CAMERAS. like, oh my god. i don't even have words. that was one of the most perfect moments of my life. they are just so amazing and the evening was so lovely and still and it just felt kinda magical. i'm in love with all of them

-getting texts telling me martha had dedicated a song to me (yay!) but me not being there to hear it because i was still hungover in bed with the room spinning every time i tried to get up (boo!)

-waiting for my super late cab to indietracks on sunday and seeing sam and ted <3 he's so adorable!

-northernlight presenting me with a suede (the band) tin candle! so awesome!

-hanging out with so many awesome people and just feeling so full of love for people/bands/life/everything. wish i'd had time to talk to/hang with everyone i wanted to but i kinda killed most of sunday for myself so....

-OWLS and parrots!

-my sister invented an indietracks cocktail which is raspberry (i think) cordial with vodka, topped up with ginger ale (or maybe it was lemonade. who knows. i was drunk but it was good)

-lots of other stuff i'm forgetting because i'm still tired and broken and can't actually think straight. still really mad at myself for getting so wasted on saturday and missing so many bands i wanted to see on sunday but i've learned my lesson now!

basically, it was ace and i can't wait to do it all again next year!
tell me how good it is / to wake from a bad dream / and have someone there and I will tell you / how butterfly wings stay dry in the rain
--
stolen wine social

ShaunBrilldream

Post by ShaunBrilldream » Thu Jul 31, 2014 00:54

And we just can't wait to make more mistakes and to fluff our breaks, and to stuff our faces with cake.

The FinchleyTed fanclub.

timahall
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/timahall

Post by timahall » Thu Jul 31, 2014 02:10

Probably the best time i've ever had at Indietracks. It was probably the one I saw the least bands but I loved Spearmint (why hadn't I heard of these earlier than this year? They're totally my thing!), The Just Joans, what I caught of The Flatmates, Liz and Harri School on the train of course, The Yearning, Simon Love in the Merchandise Tent Stage, The Thyme Machine (their singer is a riot!)... The only band I didn't like were The Hidden Cameras but I only saw the first few songs (I left to set up my DJ stuff in the shed) and I never really 'got' them anyway.

I wrote this too - https://www.facebook.com/daytripbelfast ... 7016588948

sweepingthenation
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/sweepingnation

Post by sweepingthenation » Thu Jul 31, 2014 07:07

One of John Kell's uploads, which I like because a) it involves two great new songs and b) I love how "fuck the gender binary" gets a cheer.

Cloudy Cat

Post by Cloudy Cat » Thu Jul 31, 2014 09:22

johnkell wrote:
Cloudy Cat wrote:Oh and who won the pop quiz? We scored 70 pts, thanks to my wife knowing the name of every member of S Club 7.
That was us ("East Anglia Effluent Services - not my choice of name, and I'd have pushed for something better if I'd thought we were in with a shout of winning!) - we got 78 points, 7 of them for the S Club members too (not thanks to me!). The prize was a nice assortment of CDs, vinyl and other goodies, so thank you to everyone who contributed, not least Kriss of the Thyme Machine for the unique song! I will probably play that on a future Indiepop Pit Stop.

Blog post here with links to photos, videos, an 8tracks mix, a few photosphere / panorama things and a storify thing.

There's comments on the photos and stuff, but I particularly wanted to say (1) mega well-done on such a good line-up, especially the quality and variety of the headliners, (2) how nice it was to have Hibbett and the Vlads back, and (3) Just Joans on the main stage next time they play please!

Oh, and I quite liked seeing the 141 out and about, given most of the rest of them are in Iran!

Well done. One year I'm going to win that bloody quiz. Bear in mind it's only ever me and the wife that do it although this year we ended up being paired with a mother and her daughter. They didn't actually contribute anything so it was still just two of us really. We did try to hook up with Rachel Neiman's team but they didn't need us.

Cloudy Cat

Post by Cloudy Cat » Thu Jul 31, 2014 09:35

Re, the mother and daughter quiz additions, they were very nice people though. I think I sounded rather horrible about them. Sorry.

If anyone finds a stray stripey jumper in the Indietracks area please let me know. It's orange, green and white and a few years ago I saw a black woman in Camberwell wearing one and a few years before that it was on a dummy in a charity shop window in Winchester, all of which sort of made me love it more. I've had it so long I think it's vintage. I think I somehow lost it in Butterly station car park.