Indietracks 2010 memories and photos

29-31 July 2016: "a collective adventure in generalized joy and freely interdependent exuberance"
Fogel
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Re: Indietracks 2010 memories and photos

Post by Fogel » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:53

sweepingthenation wrote:Another really lovely review, although the third I've seen that finds something to praise about every band they saw except The Loves. I thought they were great, but never mind. http://www.thenationalstudent.co.uk/201 ... acks-2010/
Yep & considering we were one of the only groups to put on a "show" there are no videos either.
You're just too / Too obscure for me

bend sinister

Post by bend sinister » Sat Jul 31, 2010 15:32

Fogel wrote:Yep & considering we were one of the only groups to put on a "show" there are no videos either.
However, Michael took some video of us, but can't upload it just yet, it's coming. Also we are the only people able to be in The Pooh Sticks whilst simultaneously not being in The Pooh Sticks.
blank.

Fogel

Post by Fogel » Sat Jul 31, 2010 16:08

bend sinister wrote:
Fogel wrote:Yep & considering we were one of the only groups to put on a "show" there are no videos either.
However, Michael took some video of us, but can't upload it just yet, it's coming. Also we are the only people able to be in The Pooh Sticks whilst simultaneously not being in The Pooh Sticks.
I was in the Pooh Sticks before you were in the Pooh Sticks.
You're just too / Too obscure for me

emml
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/too_much_

Post by emml » Sat Jul 31, 2010 18:22

The railway collected lots of lost property after the festival. If you recognise any of this please email the railway on midland.railway@btconnect.com for attention of Andrea, and if you require anything posting to you please provide credit/debit card details to cover postage. Thanks!

Sony Ericsson phone
Canon camera
Cool bag
Ultimate guitar stand
Various cardigans
Pair of sunglasses
Red pushchair (how do you forget a pushchair??!)

80sfan
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/80sfan

Post by 80sfan » Sat Jul 31, 2010 18:28

emml wrote: Various cardigans
LOLZ
i just wanted to lick your face

Damian
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/peppermint_fox

Post by Damian » Sat Jul 31, 2010 18:44

emml wrote:The railway collected lots of lost property after the festival. If you recognise any of this please email the railway on midland.railway@btconnect.com for attention of Andrea, and if you require anything posting to you please provide credit/debit card details to cover postage. Thanks!

Sony Ericsson phone
Canon camera
Cool bag
Ultimate guitar stand
Various cardigans
Pair of sunglasses
Red pushchair (how do you forget a pushchair??!)
Y'know I lost my grey cardigan at Indietracks, 2 years ago and never even thought of asking whether there was a lost property. Doubt they'd have it now like, but kudos for posting this, and also to the railway themselves.

Swiss Concrete

Post by Swiss Concrete » Sat Jul 31, 2010 18:48

80sfan wrote:
emml wrote: Various cardigans
LOLZ
must have been more careful with the hairclips if none of those were lost ;-)

not sure what i can say about the weekend that hasn't been said already, we had a lovely time. Oh, i have thought of something. big shout out to whoever was in charge of keeping toilets replenished with bog roll. never once had to use the newspaper!

soft revolution
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/duncydunc

Post by soft revolution » Sat Jul 31, 2010 20:10

Swiss Concrete wrote:Oh, i have thought of something. big shout out to whoever was in charge of keeping toilets replenished with bog roll. never once had to use the newspaper!
And soap! There was always plenty of soap.
And by me, I mean, Flexo.

joanny
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/discobloguons

Post by joanny » Sun Aug 01, 2010 13:20

sideburnsjim wrote: Lowlights:
Only one Did anyone else attempt to walk through the scariest alley/path to get back to the Premier Inn each night? Think of a pitch black, cobbled path about 300 meters long, with woods on either side of the path. I have never walked so fast in all my life, it was dead scary!
We did, from Midland Railway Station. Quite scary - fortunately short - walk in the dark woods indeed, we had to use a camera flash constantly to see the path (and we also took ourselves in zombies-like pictures).

You know this feeling when you're walking in a metro station with your headphones to the sound of one of your favorite songs, sometimes you feel like you're floatting in your own bubble of happiness. Indietracks is exactly like this, with hundreds of lovely people and bands floatting around you.

... and congrats to Daniel for winning the turnable, it was a funny moment.

linus

Post by linus » Sun Aug 01, 2010 14:45

aw, tim, thanks so much for those

Trev
Last.fm: lostmusic

Post by Trev » Sun Aug 01, 2010 15:50

Am I last the person to get home from Indietracks?

Just got back. After an extended holiday in Yorkshire.

Loved Indietracks again this year. Missed more bands than ever before but still had the best time.

Topper most highlights:
The Blanche Hudson Weekend
Sarandon (what a performance in the Church)
The Give It Ups
The Parallelograms
and (sob) the last ever Millipedes show.

Doing the merch stand with so many wonderful people was a pleasure. As was the veggie burger stand.
Scared To Dance disco at the campsite was FAB, too.

Low light:
Not getting in the campsite for being too honest one night and admitting we were coming for the disco and not campers....

Everything else was magic. The people. Everything. I enojyed the Pains - but was too damn knackered to really really really get into it.
not really here

Paul

Post by Paul » Sun Aug 01, 2010 23:25

I've only just got round to reading all this, it's been such a busy week. Anyway...

The Specific Heats were the best band of the weekend for me along with the Pains. The former were one of the few bands all weekend who actually moved on stage, I love that surf sound. Whilst the new Pains songs sounded huge. Absolutely blown away by Blanche Hudson Weekend again and Allo Darlin' who, of course, were superb.

Also really enjoyed MJ Hibbett's "legends" set, a very ill David Tattersall in the church, an energetic Shrag, man hugs, the numerous mentions of Sean Price who you couldn't avoid all weekend and working on the merch stall with John then blowing all the money I earnt from selling fanzines on new records.

Gutted I missed The Cavalcade yet again. That's three times now... the church was rammed when I got there so I resorted to standing outside peering in. Shame I wasn't able to see Ballboy (who clashed with David Tattersall) and Tender Trap but I'd seen them only a couple of days beforehand. Shame The Primitives didn't play "Spacehead" but you can't have everything. Not so good being hungover for the majority of Saturday.

There's so many other things - meeting people on here who I'd never met before, the other disco's, getting drunk on the Sunday with Ian Pocketbooks (I'm hoping this will continue for all members of Pocketbooks in an NME style) and Sean. I've said it before but I'll say it again, thank you so much to the organisers, you did a brilliant job!

I have no idea why everyone played "Babies" at the disco's, it almost became a running joke. Thanks to everyone who bought a fanzine (there's another coming in September) and another BIG THANK YOU to those who came to Scared To Dance at the campsite! I had an excellent time DJing. There's pictures at http://www.scaredtodance.co.uk/data/wp- ... 4496924445)

Here's the videos I took:

roundbitsofplastic

Post by roundbitsofplastic » Mon Aug 02, 2010 09:14

emml wrote:The railway collected lots of lost property after the festival. If you recognise any of this please email the railway on midland.railway@btconnect.com for attention of Andrea, and if you require anything posting to you please provide credit/debit card details to cover postage. Thanks!
I lost a badge with '(heart) Your Trams' on it. I'll never see it again *Whimper*.
I am struck speechless by the nape of your neck.

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip

linus

Post by linus » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:11

I lost a badge with two yellow budgies on (possibly they were 'lovebirds', do lovebirds look like budgies?)

I think I lost it during the pains show- I certainly had it beforehand, I kept being barged into by two drunken ninnies, I was quite well disposed toward them until they started making comments about my excitable whooping after each song and I really wished I'd thought to give them a swift kick them in the shins when I realised I'd lost this badge almost certainly as a result of their tomfoolery

anyway, the badge was made by a friend, ros, and I'll never see that badge again now

did you also lose a badge at indietracks? if so, what kind of badge was it? did it have some special significance? or are you glad to be shot of it?

roundbitsofplastic

Post by roundbitsofplastic » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:17

fogofideas wrote: did you also lose a badge at indietracks? if so, what kind of badge was it? did it have some special significance? or are you glad to be shot of it?
Man-hugs, Andy.

My badge was sent to me by a friend in Melbourne. She's now in Warsaw, so I've little chance of replacing it :-/
I am struck speechless by the nape of your neck.

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:18

fogofideas wrote:did you also lose a badge at indietracks? if so, what kind of badge was it? did it have some special significance? or are you glad to be shot of it?
I lost a couple there, but they can't have been too important as I still haven't figured out exactly what they were. I think one was a This Many Boyfriends one, but I'm not certain.

Rather scarily, one still had the wire frame left on my bag, so it appeared to be rather violently knocked off.

I'm losing badges at an awful rate at the moment. Lost a Kid Canaveral one at Latitude two weeks ago, and a Fortuna Pop one a little before that. Perhaps the back of my bag isn't the safest place for them.

djbones

Post by djbones » Mon Aug 02, 2010 13:10

fogofideas wrote:I lost a badge with two yellow budgies on (possibly they were 'lovebirds', do lovebirds look like budgies?)

I think I lost it during the pains show- I certainly had it beforehand, I kept being barged into by two drunken ninnies, I was quite well disposed toward them until they started making comments about my excitable whooping after each song and I really wished I'd thought to give them a swift kick them in the shins when I realised I'd lost this badge almost certainly as a result of their tomfoolery

anyway, the badge was made by a friend, ros, and I'll never see that badge again now

did you also lose a badge at indietracks? if so, what kind of badge was it? did it have some special significance? or are you glad to be shot of it?
I've 'lost' my Allo Darlin'/Standard Fare gig poster down the back of the piano. I was unrolling it on Sunday, when it developed a life of it's own and unravelled like lightning, shooting down the back of the piano, against the wall. No chance of moving the piano - it will be there forever. Gutted, I bought it at Indietracks from E.D., herself.

SophieC
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/jamiec

Post by SophieC » Mon Aug 02, 2010 13:24

i lost my Mujeres Libres badge, no doubt to the forces of reaction and patriachy. wah. we need a support group.
When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called 'the People's Stick.'

a layer of chips

Post by a layer of chips » Mon Aug 02, 2010 13:29

This is like a Blue Peter bring and buy sale.

I FOUND a red hair clip. Any takers? I'll swap it for a Mr Frosty.