Alfreton Travelodge

29-31 July 2016: "a collective adventure in generalized joy and freely interdependent exuberance"
Post Reply
islandhopper
Posts: 3441
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 00:44
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/mi-fhein
Location: I belong to Glasgow

Alfreton Travelodge

Post by islandhopper » Fri Jul 04, 2008 16:57

Well if the Derby lodge folk get to have their own thread....

Who's at this fine travelodge?

User avatar
Life on Deck
Posts: 733
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 20:02
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/sanglot/
Location: Stockholm, Sverige

Re: Alfreton Travelodge

Post by Life on Deck » Fri Jul 04, 2008 17:00

Me! And meepmeep. And other assorted tins of swedes. In fact, I'm sure that we booked the last 3-bed room there, a claim that I've now made on this forum for the 89th time.

Let's get this gambit going then.

Who's going to have the breakfast there? It's about £25 quid or something, isn't it? I'm taking sandwiches.
Is there love in the sound of a closing door?

SophieC
Posts: 3979
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 19:36
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/jamiec
Location: bumtown

Re: Alfreton Travelodge

Post by SophieC » Fri Jul 04, 2008 17:01

RUBBISH! lightweight, prematurely aged bourgeois PANSIES! you are the enemy and i will see you all laying dead before me.

sorry, i'm just jealous you'll all have better pressed trousers than me.
When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called 'the People's Stick.'

islandhopper
Posts: 3441
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 00:44
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/mi-fhein
Location: I belong to Glasgow

Re: Alfreton Travelodge

Post by islandhopper » Fri Jul 04, 2008 17:23

Aggi on the Mezzanine wrote:Me! And meepmeep. And other assorted tins of swedes. In fact, I'm sure that we booked the last 3-bed room there, a claim that I've now made on this forum for the 89th time.

Let's get this gambit going then.

Who's going to have the breakfast there? It's about £25 quid or something, isn't it? I'm taking sandwiches.
I'm just going to load up on chips & cheese the night before.
JamieC wrote:RUBBISH! lightweight, prematurely aged bourgeois PANSIES! you are the enemy and i will see you all laying dead before me.

sorry, i'm just jealous you'll all have better pressed trousers than me.

It's probably for the best after what you wrote about trouser presses the other day.

User avatar
jayen_aitch
Posts: 2660
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 00:54
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/jayen_aitch/
Location: sverige

Re: Alfreton Travelodge

Post by jayen_aitch » Fri Jul 04, 2008 23:32

Astrid and I are going to be adding to the Swedish/want to be Swedish vibe in Alfreton. It'll be ace.

We should demand they stock filmjölk and charge sensible prices for their food.

Anyone know where the nearest co-op or something is?

in search of lazy jane
Posts: 246
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 17:54

Re: Alfreton Travelodge

Post by in search of lazy jane » Sat Jul 05, 2008 02:44

Alternatives for breakfast at the Travelodge:

The Little Chef next door - if you can afford it.

Use this map: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF ... 8&t=h&z=14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If it was me I'd drive straight across the big roundabout towards Alfreton, there's a huge big Tesco with a cafe on King St, they do cheap breakfasts.

There's a co-op on the map in Ripley, but there's a nearer one to the Travelodge, find Leabrooks on the map and it's on the corner of Swanwick Rd / Green Hill Lane.

There's also a highly recommended chip shop in Leabrooks on Swanwick Rd near the co.

Last year there was a problem with taxi drivers not being able to find the site, from the Travelodge: head towards Ripley, turn left at the Swanwick traffic lights (at Swanwick church), keep going till the next set of traffic lights (at the leabrooks co-op) and turn right. Keep going until you get to the Newlands Inn / Golden Valley Caravan Park then turn right into Coach Road, from there there'll be signs taking you to the festival.

User avatar
Martijn
Posts: 1260
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 20:27
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/thinksmall
Location: Exeter
Contact:

Re: Alfreton Travelodge

Post by Martijn » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:17

Me and my other half, also known on this forum (and in real life) as Dimitra will stay there too.

User avatar
jayen_aitch
Posts: 2660
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 00:54
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/jayen_aitch/
Location: sverige

Re: Alfreton Travelodge

Post by jayen_aitch » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:09

in search of lazy jane wrote:Alternatives for breakfast at the Travelodge:

The Little Chef next door - if you can afford it.

Use this map: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF ... 8&t=h&z=14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If it was me I'd drive straight across the big roundabout towards Alfreton, there's a huge big Tesco with a cafe on King St, they do cheap breakfasts.

There's a co-op on the map in Ripley, but there's a nearer one to the Travelodge, find Leabrooks on the map and it's on the corner of Swanwick Rd / Green Hill Lane.

There's also a highly recommended chip shop in Leabrooks on Swanwick Rd near the co.

Last year there was a problem with taxi drivers not being able to find the site, from the Travelodge: head towards Ripley, turn left at the Swanwick traffic lights (at Swanwick church), keep going till the next set of traffic lights (at the leabrooks co-op) and turn right. Keep going until you get to the Newlands Inn / Golden Valley Caravan Park then turn right into Coach Road, from there there'll be signs taking you to the festival.
Thank-you... that's exactly what was needed... now i shall be well fed all weekend long.

User avatar
The Sad Witch
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 19:44

Re: Alfreton Travelodge

Post by The Sad Witch » Sun Jul 06, 2008 09:23

You get a bit of a discount at Little Chef when you are staying at Travelodge, 25% or something
I am an indie pirate

User avatar
duanne99
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 07:05
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Re: Alfreton Travelodge

Post by duanne99 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:18

Oh yeah im at the travelodge .....so don't say you havent been warned
Oh my god - So much to do and soooo little time !!!

User avatar
stolenwine
Posts: 2071
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 19:27
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/stolenwine/
Location: giddy london
Contact:

Re: Alfreton Travelodge

Post by stolenwine » Sun Jul 06, 2008 13:42

aw man. alfreton is all booked up now and i really wanted to stay there. if anyone has had a change of heart and can't go anymore, i'll take your room off you.
tell me how good it is / to wake from a bad dream / and have someone there and I will tell you / how butterfly wings stay dry in the rain
--
stolen wine social

User avatar
ian
Posts: 1381
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:19
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Re: Alfreton Travelodge

Post by ian » Sun Jul 06, 2008 13:49

i'm here too!

User avatar
meepmeep
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 23:54
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/sanglot/
Location: Stockholm
Contact:

Re: Alfreton Travelodge

Post by meepmeep » Sun Jul 06, 2008 14:47

Alfreton Travelodge is where all the cool kids will be staying. And there will be great after parties in my room (if Aggi and glitterbadges don't mind). This makes me feel like I'm young and going to fantastic music festivals again! Oh wait, I AM going to a music festival. Woo!
beepbeep

User avatar
glitterbadges
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 18:48
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/ihaveanitch
Location: among trees
Contact:

Re: Alfreton Travelodge

Post by glitterbadges » Sun Jul 06, 2008 16:55

meepmeep wrote:Alfreton Travelodge is where all the cool kids will be staying. And there will be great after parties in my room (if Aggi and glitterbadges don't mind). This makes me feel like I'm young and going to fantastic music festivals again! Oh wait, I AM going to a music festival. Woo!
after parties is a great way to save some money! cause you wont wake up in time for breakfast anyway. (thats what I always did at fantastic music festivals while being young(er))

or, if some must have breakfast; why not a smörgåsbord?!

User avatar
Life on Deck
Posts: 733
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 20:02
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/sanglot/
Location: Stockholm, Sverige

Re: Alfreton Travelodge

Post by Life on Deck » Sun Jul 06, 2008 17:02

Smörgåsbord are a great way to sandwich your way through a long table of food and drick öl at the same time. A perfect hangover cure for the Sunday morning then: a beer sandwich. Include me out!
Is there love in the sound of a closing door?

islandhopper
Posts: 3441
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 00:44
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/mi-fhein
Location: I belong to Glasgow

Re: Alfreton Travelodge

Post by islandhopper » Sun Jul 06, 2008 18:08

It's been far too long since I've been to a Little Chef. We need a group outing.

in search of lazy jane
Posts: 246
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 17:54

Re: Alfreton Travelodge

Post by in search of lazy jane » Sun Jul 06, 2008 18:39

islandhopper wrote:It's been far too long since I've been to a Little Chef. We need a group outing.
Last time I was at Ripley, the parking tickets in the car parks were the peel of type you stick in your windscreen, on the back was a 'buy one get one free' voucher for Little Chef.

Don't know if they're still doing that, but might be worth investing 40p to find out!

User avatar
ian
Posts: 1381
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:19
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Re: Alfreton Travelodge

Post by ian » Sun Jul 06, 2008 19:21

But there's a Little Chef style place actually attached to the Travelodge - it didn't seem any more expensive than a regular Little Chef. I quite enjoyed having my fry up there late morning/early afternoon, surrounded by bikers from the local heavy metal festival.

eta - Just noticed that Stuart did say it was next door...sorry I was confused by...well, just confused should cover it.
Last edited by ian on Sun Jul 06, 2008 19:25, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ian
Posts: 1381
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:19
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Re: Alfreton Travelodge

Post by ian » Sun Jul 06, 2008 19:24

in search of lazy jane wrote:Last year there was a problem with taxi drivers not being able to find the site, from the Travelodge: head towards Ripley, turn left at the Swanwick traffic lights (at Swanwick church), keep going till the next set of traffic lights (at the leabrooks co-op) and turn right. Keep going until you get to the Newlands Inn / Golden Valley Caravan Park then turn right into Coach Road, from there there'll be signs taking you to the festival.
I think one of the problems was that we non-locals didn't really know what to ask for. Asking for the music festival site didn't work, as they thought we meant the metal bash. Will asking for the Midland Railway Centre work?

User avatar
Sootyzilla
Posts: 1096
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 01:31
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/sootyzilla
Location: lounging about at the edge of the dancefloor

Re: Alfreton Travelodge

Post by Sootyzilla » Sun Jul 06, 2008 19:33

ian wrote: I think one of the problems was that we non-locals didn't really know what to ask for. Asking for the music festival site didn't work, as they thought we meant the metal bash. Will asking for the Midland Railway Centre work?
possibly mentioning something involving Thomas the Tank Engine may be the most reliable indicator, if it's not too embarrassing ...
As wrong as it was to do,
Those eyes were made to look into.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest