Looking for Guitarist/Singer in So Cal

musicians, writers, promoters unite
gollyjanerecords
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Looking for Guitarist/Singer in So Cal

Post by gollyjanerecords » Wed Sep 30, 2015 04:44

Hi, I'm in Orange County California I'm in a band that is pretty much coming to an end. I play drums but I am not really a super skilled drummer so I stand up and play two drums and a cymbal. Just some pretty basic drumming but it gets the job done for our lo-fi kinda band. I'm hoping to find a singer/songwriter who would like to have a duo with me playing drums to their songs. If you are on this forum, then we probably have somewhat similar taste in music and I don't need to list bands/labels I like but I guess I will anyways. My current band has been compared to Beat Happening, Yo La Tengo, and Guided By Voices by people recently. As for me, my favorite bands of all time are the Smiths, Replacements, Elliott Smith, PJ Harvey, Belle and Sebastian, etc. I love lots of stuff on K, Kill Rock Stars, Slumberland, etc. More current bands I love are Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Alvvways, Titus Andronicus, Allo Darlin', Standard Fare, tons of local LA bands. If you write songs and are interested, it's best to get in touch with me at UncrushworthyLA@gmail.com or callthedr@aol.com (yes, my old, old aol address). Thanks!