Urban wildlife, y'know, like badgers and hedgehogs and that

cat, geckos, bears, primates etc.
squirrelboutique

Re: Urban wildlife, y'know, like badgers and hedgehogs and t

Post by squirrelboutique » Mon Aug 15, 2011 19:27

Sorry to derail the conversation from things one can do to pooing cats, but the best thing ever happened today. The most common urban wildlife where I live is lizards. On the walk from my door to the outside laundry room or garbage, I'm guaranteed to see at least a dozen. It's been raining a lot lately, so they escape to indoors, meaning we spend lots of time having lizard rodeos trying to capture and release the little guys. It's really nerve-wracking because they drop their tails when they get scared or feel trapped and then I feel like the biggest jerk ever. Still, I think a lizard would prefer to drop and grow a new tail to being eaten by my cat.

ANYHOW! The whole point of my bringing this up is that the best thing ever that happened today at the gym. There was a lizard on the treadmill in front of me. The treadmills wasn't turned on or anything, BUT STILL. Lizard on a treadmill!

linus

Post by linus » Mon Aug 15, 2011 19:33

I bet you were thinking 'can I turn on the treadmill without scaring the lizard off and will the lizard run on the treadmill?' and then thought better of it in case the lizard went skidaddling under the treadmill and got caught up in the moving works causing instant bloody lizard horror...

or is that just how my brain works? or do most people think 'I'm going to turn on the treadmill and watch it get trapped up in the moving parts, oh boy!'

because there's a lot of sick people out there

squirrelboutique

Post by squirrelboutique » Mon Aug 15, 2011 19:37

I will admit that the first thing I thought of was getting that lizard to run on the treadmill. I mean, if a cat running on a treadmill is funny, imagine a lizard!

But yeah, she surely would have gotten stuck or possibly flung and then I would hate myself forever. I hope she's not still there hoping someone will come by and turn it on though. What if I've denied a lizard the right to train for a 5k?