anorak

The Last Frontier of Terror
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Best Of 2010
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:49 pm 

What were your favourites, anorak?

Me, I made a two-CD best-of-2010 mix and remembered that some people off here enjoyed the one I made last year. So if anyone's interested, here are the details:

1. Nils Frahm - Unter
2. Still Corners - Eyes
3. Tamaryn - Dawning
4. Super Wild Horses - Goldentown
5. Crocodiles - Hollow Hollow Eyes
6. No Joy - Heedless
7. Serena Maneesh - I Just Want To See Your Face
8. Women - Narrow With The Hall
9. Surf City - Kudos
10. Big Troubles - Bite Yr Tongue
11. Frankie Rose And The Outs - Girlfriend Island
12. La Sera - Never Come Around
13. Ty Segall - My Sunshine
14. Outdoor Miners - Disgust
15. Yuck - Georgia
16. The Mantles - Cascades
17. The History Of Apple Pie - You're So Cool
18. The Hobbes Fanclub - Outside Myself
19. Best Coast - Something In The Way
20. Dum Dum Girls - Jail La La
21. Home Blitz - Murder In My Heart
22. Tyvek - 4312
23. Bad Banana - Stand Next To Me
24. Eternal Summers - Pogo
25. Outer Minds - Until You're Dead
26. The Splinters - Blood On My Hands
27. The Unwed Teenage Mothers - If That's Love
28. The Liminanas - I'm Dead
29. Myelin Sheaths - Everything Is Contagious
30. Thee Oh Sees - I Was Denied

http://www.zshare.net/download/845861135601b910/

1. Cults - Go Outside
2. Tennis - Marathon
3. Swimsuit - Evaporation
4. Dead Ghosts - When It Comes To You
5. Mickey - She's So Crazy
6. The Specific Heats - Old News
7. Grass Widow - Shadow
8. Las Robertas - History Is Done
9. Deerhunter - Coronado
10. The Soundcarriers - There Only Once
11. Mighty Clouds - Stay Single
12. Allo Darlin' - My Heart Is A Drummer
13. Spectrals - Peppermint
14. Real Estate - Out Of Tune
15. Girls - Thee Oh So Protective One
16. Oldermost - Lose Your Mind
17. Catwalk - Please, Don't Break Me
18. French Kissing - Oh, Suzanne
19. Cave Weddings - Never Never Know
20. First Base - I'll Be Your Hangover
21. Guards - Resolution Of one
22. Reading Rainbow - Wasting Time
23. Standard Fare - Love Doesn't Just Stop
24. The Radio Dept. - Heaven's On Fire
25. Wild Nothing - Golden Haze
26. Twin Sister - Phenomenons 

[url]http://www.zshare.net/download/8458672587714990/[/url]

Night, and someone has turned up the volume on their TV too high, an interview from Bosnia-Herzegovina 1995: They shoot babies, don't they? Yes, they shoot babies, too. (Followed by pop songs by eg. Genesis.)

Post subject: Re: Best Of 2010
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:09 pm 

Mine can be found with videos at http://www.scaredtodance.co.uk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:23 pm 

That's a really nice mix, Anders.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:24 pm 

And yours isn't half bad too, Paul :) Nice to see some Deerhunter love here.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:58 pm 

Television Personalities - A Memory is Better than Nothing. Some wonderful songs on here, particularly "She's My Yoko". Dan's songs can break my heart.

Vic Godard - We Come As Aliens. Vic is as sharp and funny as ever. His best since "What's The Matter Boy"?

Internet Forever - Cover The Walls. A joyous noise:

Sweet Baboo - The Bumblebee song: From 2009, but I'm a little late. Fancy gittar pickin' and a sweet song:

Jonathan Beckett - She's a Vampire EP . Literate and FUNNY.

Granite Shore - Flood of Fortune. I can have this on the list, as you can barely hear me on it! A wonderful song.

The Tartans - West of La Brea. Because it makes me happy, and happiness is a precious thing.

The Starlets - I'm Your Kinda Guy. Smart, sophisticated pop. How can Camera Obscura be big and no-one's heard of these? Hilarious video, too. I suspect alcohol was consumed.

Those New Puritans - We Want War. An excellent noise:

Sexual Objects - Cucumber. The Godlike Genius of Davy Henderson strikes again.

The Liminanas - Je Ne Suis Pas Tres Drogue. It's a bit like Stereolab ;-)

Standard Fare - Philadelphia. Quality, noisy pop.I hated them at first (before I'd actually heard them!) then had to submit! Great pop.

Bubblegum Lemonade - Caroline's Radio. More hooks than a fisherman's rucksack.

Honeyheads - Out Of Marseilles. More, joyous, noisy pop music!

A Fine Day For Sailing - Summer Blonde: Classic pop, with a big nod to Brian Wilson. Matt is recording with Dan Treacy next year - should produce something special.

http://www.junebridesmusic.com

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:05 am 
discogiraffe wrote:
What were your favourites, anorak?

Me, I made a two-CD best-of-2010 mix and remembered that some people off here enjoyed the one I made last year.

Anders, mark these with a capital 'T' for Terrific and also 'T' for Thank You! and another for Thabulous, darling!

plus these are also proving to be a Tonic so that's another 'T' for your bumper bag of 'T's'

colour yourself 'T'ed' up to the gills

the letter for this post has been:

T

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:30 pm 

Reverse order Spotify playlist (where possible)

1. Emeralds – ‘Does It Look Like I’m Here’ (Editions Mego)

[T]here's something about Emeralds' sound that really is theirs alone. (Timbrally, the band has never sounded richer-- thanks in part to James Plotkin's mastering job-- and that's especially true of the luscious heavyweight vinyl pressing, cut at Berlin's Dubplates & Mastering.) The way they set loops against loops, with super-fast pinwheeling oscillations buzzing out of control on top, turns their tracks into perpetual motion machines, gathering incredible force as layers accrue. It's a big part of the magic of this band, and what distinguishes even their most new age-flavored compositions: the overload of information, the spray of frequencies, the thrilling, viscous rush. - Philip Sherburne

'Candy Shoppe' and 'Now You See Me'

2. Umberto – ‘Prophecy Of The Black Widow’ (Not Not Fun)

Umberto is actually a one-man band, that man being Matt Hill, live collaborator / touring member of Expo ‘70. While Expo ‘70 has proven to be especially adept at channelling the heavy kosmiche bliss of prime ’70s krautrock a la Klaus Schulze, Tangerine Dream and Ash Ra Tempel, Umberto is equally savvy at conjuring the dark, suspenseful soundtrack-y sounds of Goblin and the like. With, some cosmic Klaus-y krauty-ness thrown in as well. - Last.fm artist wiki

'Temple Room' and 'Everything Is Going To Be Okay'

3. Mark McGuire – ‘Living With Yourself’ (Editions Mego)

Taking inspiration from early friendships, family and "the problems that inevitably develop through years of knowing someone" McGuire's compositions tenderly unfurl nostalgic scapes of Göttsching-like guitar forms and bubbling synths with that endless ability to capture elusive, fleeting moments of bliss like the best of his work with Emeralds. His knack for blending acoustic guitar signatures with magical synths is conducted with the keenest sleight of hand, not deceptively so, but more like an illusion of blissed misdirection, contrasting and melding textures and harmonic qualities to create unpredictable crux points that'll leave you beaming inside. He dispenses this formula to sublime effect on tracks like opener 'The Vast Structure Of Recollection' and the achingly affective 'Two Different People', delivering acute hits of romantic yearning and ponderous wonderment with a beautifully instinctive nature. Possibly most gorgeous of all is 'Clear The Cobwebs', paring down the synths for a largely solo guitar delight with a flourish of electrcity in the final throes, and furthest from anything we've heard previously is 'Brothers (For Matt)', a ten minute closer floating from tape collage to Shoegaze thrash with a meditative kosmische finalé. - Boomkat

'The Vast Structure of Recollection' and 'Brothers (For Matt)'

4. Oneohtrix Point Never – ‘Returnal’ (Editions Mego)

The opening three pieces (‘Nil Admiari’/'Describing Bodies’/'Stress Waves’) are in fact a trilogy, and taken as a whole they are very much in the spirit of ‘Physical Memories’ from Lopatin’s Russian Minds LP, a gradual descent from noise to ambient. It begins with a sound somewhere between a scream and the buzzing of a thousand wasps, before it feeds an entire junkyard into the shredder. “Nila Admiari” is a deep and stormy collage of clanks, rumbles and bleeps which sounds very much like the sort of wild experimentation (yes, very Editions Mego) that Lopatin was getting involved with at his live show. It is as exhilarating a start to an album as I’ve heard this year. It segues into the deceptive calm of ‘Describing Bodies’, its stillness created by tension, pulled taut by the piece that preceded it, before ‘Stress Waves’ adds pulsing synth ambience and textural washes, dropping you back down gently at the shoreline. The first side of Returnal then ends on another extraordinary note, with Lopatin’s vocals, hitherto rarely heard on record or at least dropped deep in the mix, all out front on ‘Returnal’. They are of course distorted, pitch-shifted, and more than a little retro – divisively so, perhaps. The doubters who sniggered at the “new age” seagull noises when I saw Lopatin in the Grosvenor (and the birds chirp away again in the background during “Pelham Island Road”) may find this too much, too obvious, too 80s, but the music retains that alien pop character of something like ‘Zones Without People’ – it just adds the people back in. - Scott McMillan

'Nil Admirari and 'Ourboros' and 'Stress Waves''

5. Catherine Christer Hennix – ‘The Electric Harpsichord’ (Die Schachtel)

[A] largely neglected masterpiece from Swedish-born composer Catherine Christer Hennix, a disciple of LaMonte Young and Pandit Pran Nath during the 1970s. Although her music is largely unknown - even among the experimental music community - those who've been exposed to Hennix's work tend to rank her among the elite of American minimalist composers of the twentieth century. The Electric Harpsichord (recorded in 1976) is talked about with the highest reverence by the avant-garde's cognoscenti, with Glenn Branca describing it as "a pure perfect piece of music" and "a work of transcendent power". Having embarked on her compositional career in the 1960s studying the techniques of Xenakis and Stockhausen, Hennix's musical bearing was jolted somewhat by the Nuits du Fondation Maeght festival in 1970, where she first encountered LaMonte Young and Hindustani raga master Sri Faquir Pandit Pran Nath. Over the course of the ensuing decade, Hennix would study with both these men, and to many the piece reproduced on this disc is her magnum opus. Made using keyboards tuned to just intonation and a tape delay feedback network based on Terry Riley's notion of the "time lag accumulator", the piece is a thing of sparkling psychedelic chaos, achieving that magical dichotomy between apparent narrative-shirking motionlessness and eternal flux... - Boomkat

6. Betty & The Werewolves – ‘Teatime Favourites ‘ (Damaged Goods)

there seems to be something stronger in the pot than PG, judging by the fast and feisty character of their music. ‘Euston Station’, which was their excellent first single, sums up their dissatisfaction with convention: “I don’t want dinner and a movie/ I just want someone that’ll move me”. Their rebellious indie approach seems torn from the same textbook consulted by Dolly Mixture and Tallulah Gosh, taking elements from punk rock and 60s girl groups (just hear the Ronettes’ stomp in ‘Good As Gold’), and mixing them up with angular post punk rhythms and dynamically dark alt-country (‘The Party’). Their cultural references might suggest a certain swottishness at first glance but their literary hero is Charlotte Bronte’s bad boy Heathcliff, while ‘Plastic’ seems to take collecting vinyl a bit Tetsuo-style literally: “my plan for the future is to have some pieces sewn into my face”. - Sounds XP

'Paper Thin'

7. Actress – ‘Splazsh’ (Honest Jons)

Actress himself has called his music "R&B concrète," and that helps illuminate the way he works from both inside and outside a track. He has an ear for building up a song from the bottom (like a pop producer) and then abstracting it from the top (like a musique concrète technician), so that he makes some incredibly strange sounds surprisingly palatable-- and without making a big show of their strangeness. In that, Actress shares a certain allegiance with post-dubstep artists like Zomby (who has made records for the label that Actress runs, Werk Discs). But there's a range of hooks and ideas at play in Splazsh that few others have approached, much less made coherent. - Andy Battaglia (Pitchfork)

'Maze' and 'Lost'

8. Xeno & Oaklander – ‘Sentinelle’ (Wierd Records)

http://174.120.137.162/~misslizw/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/WierdNMEPattison.jpg

'Sentinelle' (slow) and 'Preuss' (live)

9. Dum Dum Girls – ‘I Will Be’ (Sub Pop)

[T]hese songs are genuine earworms, both unfailingly hip and often wonderfully associative. Most adhere to a deep romanticism that details the various incarnations of love, from the fatalistic ("Yours Alone", featuring guitar work from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' Nick Zinner) to the overprotective ("Everybody's Out"). There is an air of disaffection that peppers a lot of these songs (for example, "Oh Mein M" is sung entirely in German), but they never end up feeling too cool for school, with their giddy bounce often fostering a more inclusive feel than anything else. The quick highs, dissatisfaction, and longing can't hide how terrifically fun most of I Will Be is. - Zach Kelly (Pitchfork)

'Bhang Bhang I'm A Burnout' and 'Oh Mein M'

10. Standard Fare – ‘The Noyelle Beat’ (Thee SPC/Melodic)

A riot of hormones, cut-to-the-chase lyrics, bolshie girl-boy vocals and jingle-jangle propulsion, this debut from the Sheffield trio distils all the best and most lovable aspects of indie guitar music and avoids its many pitfalls. Marrying sharp kitchen-sink poetry about romantic/sexual transgression, regret, indignation and defiance to fast and furious melodic catchiness is nothing new, but doing so evocatively remains an achievement beyond most of the doggedly amateur thrashers who pose and pout on the UK toilet circuit. Not so Standard Fare. There is something incredibly winning about Emma Kupa’s mix of faux-coy naivety and don’t-f***-with-me stroppiness; allied to the pell-mell playing of Danny How and Andy Beswick, on songs such as Love Doesn’t Just Stop and Philadelphia, she summons an almost Smiths-like bathos. - Dan Cairns (The Times)

'Philadelphia' and 'Dancing' and 'Fifteen'

11. Games – ‘That We Can Play’ (Hippos In Tanks)

'Planetparty' and 'Strawberry Skies'

12. Love Is All – ‘Two Thousand and Ten Injuries’ (Polyvinyl)

'Bigger Bolder' and 'Early Warnings'

13. Thee Oh Sees – ‘Warm Slime’ (In The Red)

'I Was Denied'

14. LA Vampires featuring Matrix Metals – ‘So Unreal’ (Not Not Fun)

'Make Me Over' and 'How Would U Know?'

15. Corridors – ‘Corridors’ (Sedimental)

Byron Westbrook has been performing CORRIDORS live around the US and EU for the last four years, however this audio cd is the first physical release of the project and Sedimental is ecstatic to be releasing this very committed young artist's debut. Since 2004 Westrbook has been the technical coordinator for Phill Niblock’s Experimental Intermedia Foundation. While assisting and collaborating with Niblock and other luminaries of experimental music, Westbrook began developing CORRIDORS as a multi-channel performance system for live guitar feedback. Shortly after the completion of a month-long tour with Rhys Chatham’s Essentialist, Westbrook began performing the project. CORRIDORS has since evolved to encompass the improvised performances of other musicians, recordings of which are processed into phrases or texture units for playback from ipod or minidisc players through the multi-channel system. The results are sweeping and fluctuating textures that place distinct frequencies in different parts of a room, creating an intense opening and closing of space over time for the listener. The pieces were recorded in large spaces (churches, concert and university halls) using a mixture of binaural and mid/side microphone techniques, to allow for the most accurate imaging in a stereo field. The recording process spanned a three year period, during which many different performances of the works were documented. These recordings were carefully edited together, taking the most representative moments of each performance, to make this CD containing three frequently performed pieces. These pieces are loosely structured works, always performed in conjunction with single or multiple light projections. An element of improvisation exists within each performance in that every room is different and the sounds respond uniquely to different rooms. There is a beginning, middle and end that has been worked out, but where the sounds exist and for how long will change for each performance.

16. Stellar OM Source – ‘Trilogy Select’ (Olde English Spelling Bee)

'Island Best' and 'Magnetic Depths/Rights of Fusion'

17. Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti – ‘Before Today’ (4AD)

'Bright Lit Blue Skies' and 'Fright Night (Nevermore)

18. Trash Kit – ‘Trash Kit’ (Upset The Rhythm)

'Cadets'

19. Owen Pallett – ‘Heartland’ (Domino)

'Lewis Takes Off His Shirt' (live at Guelph Festival - v rainy) and 'Lewis Takes Action' (w/orchestra)

20. Allo Darlin’ – ‘Allo Darlin’’ (Fortuna Pop)

'My Heart Is A Drummer' and 'Polaroid Song' (live at Indietracks 2010)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:28 pm 

I did a list of my top 20 LPs for the Odd Box blog.

01 Kid Canaveral – Shouting At Wildlife (Straight To Video)
02 Trash Kit – Trash Kit (Upset The Rhythm)
03 Super Wild Horses – Fifteen (Hozac)
04 Swans - My Father Will Guide Me Up A Rope To The Sky (Young God)
05 Betty and The Werewolves – Tea Time Favourites (Damaged Goods)

Cont'd here

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:46 pm 

...which counted towards the UK music blogger albums of 2010 poll what I compiled. (And yeah, I'd previously done my own list)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:48 pm 

sweepingthenation wrote:
...which counted towards the UK music blogger albums of 2010 poll what I compiled. (And yeah, I'd previously done my own list)

My list changed a little over the past week too! Which is always the way. Interesting to see how that list panned out......

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:16 pm 

I just finished my lists yesterday.

Top 10 Albums
1. Best Coast – Crazy For You
2. Eels – End Times
3. Hooded Fang – Album
4. Eels – Tomorrow Morning
5. Basia Bulat – Heart Of My Own
6. V/A – Wish I’d Kept A Scrapbook: A Tribute To Tullycraft
7. Evening Hymns – Spirit Guides
8. The Magnetic Fields – Realism
9. Maylee Todd – Choose Your Own Adventure
10. Guster – Easy Wonderful

Top 10 Singles/EP's
1. Catwalk – (Please) Don’t Break Me
2. Summer Camp – Young [EP]
3. The Copy Scams [EP]
4. The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart – Heart In Your Heartbreak
5. Gigi feat. Mirah – Won’t Someone Tell Me?
6. Seapony – Dreaming
7. Sambassadeur – Days
8. La Sera – Never Come Around
9. Shrag – Rabbit Kids
10. Neverever – Coconut Shampoo

and I made a one-hour mix for easy digestion: http://www.mediafire.com/?9vhj24fpdzb9s81

You Will Never Fall In Love: 2010 In Review
1. Eels – A Line In The Dirt
2. The Besties – Our Days In Kansas
3. Gigi feat. Mirah – Won’t Someone Tell Me?
4. Catwalk – (Please) Don’t Break Me
5. Seapony – Dreaming
6. Neverever – Coconut Shampoo
7. Summer Camp – Round The Moon
8. La Sera – Never Come Around
9. Shrag – Rabbit Kids
10. The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart – Heart In Your Heartbreak
11. Best Coast – Each & Everyday
12. The Copy Scams – List Of Stuff ‘n’ Things
13. Hooded Fang – Promise Land
14. Sambassadeur – Days
15. Basia Bulat – Gold Rush
16. Evening Hymns – Broken Rifle
17. Maylee Todd & Circle Research – Hooked
18. The Magnetic Fields – I Don’t Know What To Say
19. Eels - I Like The Way This Is Going

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:18 pm 

My end of year CD looked like this

Edwyn Collins - Losing Sleep
Allo, Darlin' - Silver Dollars
Darren Hayman - Calling Out Your Name Again
No Age - Life Prowler
Love Is All - Repetition
The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart - Say No To Love
The Radio Dept. - Never Follow Suit
Comet Gain - I Never Happened
The School - Hoping And Praying
LCD Soundsystem - Drunk Girls
Teenage Fanclub - When I Still Have Thee
The Suzan - Home
The Liminanas - Je Ne Suis Pas Trés Droguee
the vaselines - sex with an x
Gordon McIntyre - The Hangover Song
Myelin Sheaths - Everything is Contagious
Shout Out Louds - Show Me Something New
Shrag - Ghosts Before Breakfast
The Kiara Elles - Laser Shot
Los Campesinos! - Romance Is Boring
Lucky Soul - Love³
Captain Polaroid - How to Lose at Video Games
Tigercats - Konny Huck
Club 8 - Western hospitality

Only 1 song in common with Anders list that started this malarkey and randomly its from the band i know nothing about - Myelin Sheaths

Not as technologically adept as others to put this on the Internet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:42 pm 

My favourite albums of 2010:

1. The Radio Dept - Clinging to a Scheme
2. Robyn - Body Talk
3. Lali Puna - Our Inventions
4. Expendable Friend - Leaving Before Last Orders (this one is free)
5. Admiral Radley - I Heart California

Closely followed by Standard Fare, Beach House, Wild Nothing, Avi Buffalo, Antarctica Takes It and Darren Hayman... but putting things into order is difficult.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:27 am 

I have an end of year double-CD. I seem to have been swayed into some really dancey stuff this year so the second CD is full of that and the first is more typical, if still quite poppy.

Anyway, here it is:

CD ONE:
The Divine Comedy - "At The Indie Disco"
Everybody Was In The French Resistance...NOW! - "G.I.R.L.F.R.I.E.N"
The New Pornographers - "Crash Years"
Fight Like Apes - "Jenny Kelly"
The Sounds - "Beatbox"
The Like - "Release Me"
Standard Fare - "Dancing"
Tender Trap - "Do You Want A Boyfriend"
Those Dancing Days - "Fuckarias"
Northern Portrait - "Life Returns To Normal"
Blanche Hudson Weekend - "Let Me Go"
Standard Fare - "Fifteen"
The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart - "Say No To Love"
The Gresham Flyers - "Taggart"
Belle & Sebastian - "Suicide Girl"
Betty & The Werewolves - "David Cassidy"
Shrag - "The Habit Creep"
Billie The Vision & The Dancers - "You'd Better Watch Out Cause I Like You"
Northern Portrait - "Some People"
The Arcade Fire - "We Used To Wait"

CD TWO

Flo Rida - "Club Can't Handle Me"
Jason Derulo - "In My Head"
Katy Perry - "California Girls"
Roll Deep - "Good Times"
Swedish House Mafia - "Miami 2 Ibiza"
Yolanda Be Cool - "We Speak No Americano"
Edward Maya - "Stereo Love"
Iyaz - "Solo"
Jason Derulo - "Ridin' Solo"
Aggro Santos - "Candy"
Rihanna - "Only Girl In The World"
Edward Maya - "This Is My Life"
Katy Perry - "Firework"
Kylie Minogue - "All The Lovers"
B.O.B - "Nothin' On You"
Lady Gaga - "Telephone"
Marina & The Diamonds - "Hollywood"
Take That - "S.O.S"
Olly Murs - "Thinking Of Me"
Glee Cast - "Don't Stop Believin'"
Jedward - "Under Pressure (Ice Ice Baby)"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:21 pm 

Mr Bear wrote:
And yours isn't half bad too, Paul :) Nice to see some Deerhunter love here.

That Deerhunter track is awesome. The albums isn't bad either.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:45 am 
so tough! so cute! have posted their bests and lists and suchlike on their blog, plus they also have two downloadable zips of hot sonic poop to be had so fill your boots and ears, here:

http://sotoughsocute.blogspot.com/2011/ ... -2010.html

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:49 am 
ben over at stereo sanctity blog is currently running through his personal top 40 favourite records of 2010 (in instalments), he's certainly uncovering some stuff I missed as well as mentioning enough stuff I dug to make me want to check out the stuff I missed, if you get my meaning

http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:02 am 

fogofideas wrote:
ben over at stereo sanctity blog is currently running through his personal top 40 favourite records of 2010 (in instalments), he's certainly uncovering some stuff I missed as well as mentioning enough stuff I dug to make me want to check out the stuff I missed, if you get my meaning

http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

I been reading that! it's been good!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:51 pm 

I done a 2010 mix!

download here (100mb)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:10 pm 

my favourite albums this year were by Superchunk and Janelle Monae, by some distance.

EDIT: last year. LAST year. gah!