anorak

The Last Frontier of Terror
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:31 pm 

sweepingthenation wrote:
Spotted in the EOTR woodland library on Saturday. One of these things is not like the others.

There is no proof in the allegations that I was going round topping the library up with zines every day...

AD deffo won End of the Road. So so so so so extremely very massively proud of them. Sean Price looked like a big ol girl when we saw him after, all Hannah had to do was talk about crying and it set him off again.

Other than indiepop fun, Beirut were just so bloody brilliant. As was Robin Ince on Sunday afternoon, Admiral Fallow were the wevenotreallyheardofthesebuttheyweregreat of the weekend on Thursday, and I really enjoyed Austra. Which I didn't expect.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:16 am 

I am going this year, my 4th attendance in a row, and the previous 3 were all wonderful experiences. Of course, Grandaddy is the act I'm anticipating most, but there are lots of acts I like and then it's not all about the lineup at EOTR.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:01 pm 

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/12/121214c.shtml

Belle and Sebastian and Sigur Ros!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:51 pm 

zahidf wrote:
Belle and Sebastian and Sigur Ros!
*clears throat*

SIGUR DROSS, MORE LIKE

*swooshes cape*

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:37 pm 

Palma Violets can fuck right off.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:49 pm 

I'm toying with the idea of going next year. Not sure if it'll have to be an either/or with this and Indietracks. Does anyone know when it roughly sells out? Looking on the site the Third Tier tickets are on sale at the moment but I have no idea how long they'll last.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:35 pm 

They say on facebook that the third tier tickets will sell out soon. The others will be a couple of months

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:56 pm 

Man... I am in need of a festival.................

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:11 pm 

Tickets just bought by me and Jane.

It's always great but good to have some pop back there. And I've never seen Sigur Ros either.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:52 pm 

Char and I will be getting tickets for this soon, too. Back at EOTR. 2nd time.

Really enjoyed it last time, too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:39 pm 

Paul wrote:
I'm toying with the idea of going next year. Not sure if it'll have to be an either/or with this and Indietracks. Does anyone know when it roughly sells out? Looking on the site the Third Tier tickets are on sale at the moment but I have no idea how long they'll last.

Traditionally it's not fully sold out till a few weeks before the festival starts but don't blame me if you miss out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:49 am 

Bovine Juice wrote:
Paul wrote:

Traditionally it's not fully sold out till a few weeks before the festival starts but don't blame me if you miss out.

Thanks!

Looks like we'll have to wait until the New Year until we decide anything. I'd like to go as I've only heard good things.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:53 pm 

thinking about this one too, went last year and really enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:57 pm 

booked tickets for this yesterday!

as a usual Green Man festival goer, this is a departure from the norm but the lineup is much better than what GM is offering this year. last year, the festival going experience was made better by a gazebo we bought. this year, we're bringing chairs

</getting old>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:02 am 

Nice. went last year and met Stuart Staples outside a curry tent. It is cold, though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:26 am 

FB tells me that Tigercats are playing the Tipi tonight!

Get in!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:06 pm 

Presuming someone here went for the whole thing rather than just the Sunday like me, how were Allo Darlin' and Tigercats? Read someone complaining that the former had ignored the first album, which seems very unlike them. I did see Paul and Bill do a round of the quiz, which wasn't quite the same (especially as I failed to actually get into a team, despite the aid of a passing Radio 1 DJ. Opportunity spurned and wasted within sight of someone/thing notable - story of my life)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:35 pm 

sweepingthenation wrote:
Presuming someone here went for the whole thing rather than just the Sunday like me, how were Allo Darlin' and Tigercats? Read someone complaining that the former had ignored the first album, which seems very unlike them. I did see Paul and Bill do a round of the quiz, which wasn't quite the same (especially as I failed to actually get into a team, despite the aid of a passing Radio 1 DJ. Opportunity spurned and wasted within sight of someone/thing notable - story of my life)

I missed Tigercats, as I didn't arrive until Friday afternoon (I didn't even realise until about a week before that it was a full three-day festival now and only saw Allo Darlin' because they put on Twitter when they were on so I made sure I got there in time). Allo Darlin' were as good as ever, and they played Dreaming (with Bill on vocals), Polaroid, Silver Dollars, Kissed Your Lips and Heart is a Drummer from the first album, so far from ignoring it considering they've effectively got three albums' worth of stuff to choose from now. The new songs sounded good - I especially liked the one with Paul on vocals.

(Hello, btw. Long time lurker, first time poster.)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:06 pm 

sweepingthenation wrote:

I saw Tigercats. They were excellent - really enjoyed their gig.

It was a bit odd that the whole caboodle was started off by Evans the Death and Tigercats (in that order). Not many folk were onsite by 5:30pm on the Thursday so the events were both underattended, comparatively speaking. But they were still great nonetheless.

Allo Darlin' were SO good. I think I'm nudging double figures in terms of seeing them, like many folk here, and it was probably one of my favourite gigs of theirs.

I would echo ruudboy's post. Their setlist was perfectly balanced between songs from their first album, second album, a smattering of songs from their forthcoming album. It was also a total bonus to hear them play Kings and Queens - and Darren as well. A full hour's set, no less!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:24 pm 

yeah, i only realised tigercats were playing Thursday morning, but i didn't get to site until 8 on the Thursday so missed both them and EtD. Sad times, as i thought that would have been an ace way to start the weekend.

highlights for me definitely AD for a great set, and to Belle and Sebastian for a perfect festival set full of hits and dancing. Also, the silent disco on Friday night (How Does it Feel to Be Loved, DJing (i think)) was a load of fun and the Garden Stage for the whole of Sunday morning/early afternoon was a lovely way to spend the morning.

Hard to compare with other festivals, as that is the only one that i've been to where i haven't been rained on all weekend, but it was bloody aces and i'm sad to be back in work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6